Thursday, February 28, 2008

Buenos Aires

Drove Tucuman - Cordoba and spent a very nice evening with Agustin, Lucia and the twins; Argentine parilla until the early hours of the morning followed by too much fernet. The following day they had work so we met for lunch (just as I was packing it started raining). After a casual coffee I pressed on for Rosario.
I out ran the rain about an hour out of town and had clear sky all the way to Rosario where, just 30 km before I arrived, it turned into a blinding downpour, a condensed version of Noah's flood, Bolivia! And then, just as I am soaked to the skin everywhere, it stops and out comes the sun, and it looks nice as far as the eye can see. Then there is a sign that says Buenos Aires 302 km and I think; I can do that in my sleep. I press on.
Arrived Bs As late but whole to the warm reception of German y Paula (I gave them 90 minutes notice as I stopped for gas).
We went out for a great dinner with a bottle of malbec and visited for hours before they dropped me off at home...
So nice to be here!

I have one more summary post and will also add a link to more fotos.

Un abrazo desde Buenos Aires,
Nick
via BlackBerry