Thursday, January 31, 2008

In the mountains south of San Jose

Didn't make it very far today - 50% by design/50% fate. Tried to find tires in San Jose - only street tires available at several places. I will ride further south on these.
Up at 2700 meters now and it gets cold, dark and foggy fast so I pulled into a micro lodge lest I become road kill. There is only 1 north/south route for the continent through very twisty narrow roads and the truck drivers must be Guatemalan. It will be interesting to walk a few trails in the early AM as there is nada happening this evening - early to bed...
Saw several interesting animals today; got a ticket for going 97 in a 90 zone - I will just consider it a karma warning or payback for all the times I might have been going a little faster.
A Costa Rican day,
Nick
via BlackBerry