Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Paradise Found in...

Headed out early and after a couple hours arrived in Puerto Escondido - very nice!
I snaked my way down to the beach and at this Denny's there's a little herd of harleys so I pulled in and looked for people with helmets. Walked up as they were heading out so I asked to tag along.
After 68 speed bumps, 2 military check points and a couple hours of riding south we pulled into Paradise.
These guys (with a few wives in a tail car) knew where they were going and I was happy to be invited me to stick around for a few days - don't know about days but...
Mark this spot on your map, it is the next Ixtapa or Cancun: Huatulco
It is being built out now with excess capacity and they've erecting a shanty town just for the construction workers; they've already built the airport. The mexicans know it won't last.
My new amigo are a small club of Harley afficianados from D.F. on holiday.
It is now officially HOT.


Nick
via BlackBerry