Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Natal, the best by far!


Kids playing futbol on the beach at night. 
Spent the day in Natal yesterday -  the nicest place I've visited.   Beautiful setting on the coast with beaches stretching for 12 km; an amazing mix of old and new with huge swaths of natural vegetation integrated into their development and an actual traffic plan. I could live in Natal.
Today I traveled South jumping over Recife and then cut over to the coast and drove secondary roads along the water most of the afternoon.   I ended up in Maceió arriving after dark so no clue except for the HUGE new mall I passed coming into town.
Did I mention that Natal was pretty special -  a 9 compared to Fortaleza's 7.

Natal from southern most point.  The old district,  with interesting and less sterile places to stay. 


Beach from 19th floor at dusk,  near northern point looking South. 




Cheers,
Nick
from my phone.