Friday, October 3, 2014

Salvador de Bahia, Brazil

I've rounded the curve of the horn of Brazil. 





I finally saw a fellow Adventure rider after 3 weeks -  he was riding an almost identical v-strom no less., but traveling North,  the wrong direction.

Later in the day I met and rode with a local Brazilian on a Triumph 1200.  Unfortunately he was ending his ride in Aracaju.  We ended up riding the rest of the day and then sharing  a late lunch and beers with friends - I got a room, and later that night was invited to dinner with the family. Like I've said - I've never met a bad adventure rider.  




A nice  bike!





 He's planning a big trip South in March and I hope to host him on his way through BsAs.
Natal to Salvador could have been done in a day but beer intervened and Aracaju was very nice.
I've checked into a place right on the waterfront in Salvador and tomorrow I'll go play tourist.
It's Brazil,  there's a beach,  it's evening  -  ergo futbol.