Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 23, 2009, Rafaela (Sante Fe), Argentina - The start of another journey in South America!

I left Buenos Aires this morning heading north for the far reaches of Argentina. In Salta I will meet a couple of friends and we will continue north through Bolivia; this time I hope to see a few things - last time, on my way south, it hurt me pretty badly and I had to scamper home to recover. After Bolivia we head further north into Peru: destination Machu Picchu.
While I was in California my riding companion Walter took Mr. Moto to the Suzuki dealer where they did a complete service, tune up, changed all fluids, installed a new chain, and welded a crack in the crash bars. They also detailed it like I've never seen. Just before leaving Buenos Aires I installed a new battery, tires, and Ventura light guard - I also checked tight every bolt I could touch (I'm sure the dealership did the same - couldn't find any).
After 27,621 miles its still running strong - I think I bought the absolute best bike in the V-Strom 650 for these journeys!
I'm looking forward to a great trip and hope you will feel free to drop me a message, suggestion or comment.
Nick
via BlackBerry