Tuesday, July 28, 2009

La Bonita to Posadas


Heading south. Route 2 was designed for motos - no traffic, rolling hills with swoopy curves. I took it as far as I could before cutting across the state for the night - the selection further south on that road was slim and none and I didn't want to be forced to ride into the cold night (violins please).
En route I stopped at this little wide spot in the road and stumbled into a brazilian barbecue place extrordinaire! All the various meats plus salads and veggies you can eat for $28 pesos including the beer - Tasty! Even better - the place was full of fun locals speaking german with brazilian accents. The owner sat down to chat as he was serving me explaining about his crazy customers - when he got my story he and every teenager around had to go out and look at the bike.
The final run into Posadas was uneventful and I'm back at the same comfortable hotel.
Tomorrow I divert into Uruguay.
Nick
via BlackBerry