Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blue Sky to Bahia Blanca

The subject says it all. The day was glorious as I headed across country to the coast - I was admiring these huge billowy cloud formations all day when, with little warning, the sky became a mid-day squall with huge winds and the clouds blew black and dumped on me. It was hot and I could see clear air 5 km ahead so I just thought of the shower as a refreshing little spritz... I have a feeling I'll be cursing similar but more extreme weather like this in the future but today it was hot and nice.
Bahia Blanca is a coastal city (I did a B-line for the ocean) with a coastline that a Moscovite would find hard to love.
I made good time and, because it doesn't get dark until almost 10 pm, I had a chance to see the old city.
I'll snap a foto of the obligatory central plaza in the morning so that if you don't make it here before you go to meet Allah you can say you saw it - it doesn't rate among the 10,000 places top see...
Finally, for anyone who still has money left to invest you (and the Chinese) will be pleased to know that the biggest retailer in the world has a SuperStore here (albiet, with an empty parking lot).
7 days and counting...
Nick
via BlackBerry