Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bienvenido de Comodoro Rivadavia y Chau

Had pizza and beers with fellow riders last night - I decided that the Brazilians and I don't have a compatible riding style and the Danes were going to hang around through the weekend. Asi la vida.
I headed south getting an early start. Arrived beautiful downtown Comodoro Rivadavia mid day. I'm making good time and the southern latitudes are starting to show themselves - the weather is getting cooler/cold; I had to add layers of cloths this morning and the grip heaters are a welcome addition.
For some unfounded reason I envisioned las pampas as a southern version of the rolling plains of Wyoming (sans Buffalo). Little did I expect the barren high desert-like conditions in the above image - and it just goes on and on and on...
I rolled through CR to the coast just to see the ocean - liked it, so decided to drive a few twisty roads... Good choice. I'm 80 km south in a little town right on the water called Caleta Olivia.
Got the moto bedded down for the night - gonna go explore...
Nick
via BlackBerry